Well here we are, almost mid December and still waiting for a good system to move in and give us some snow down low so we can at least get our cats out for their first trips. We have had several people asking about conditions so thought it would be good to let you all know what we know.
Up at higher elevations we have 110 cm to 130cm being reported. Those numbers are not bad but the mid elevation numbers are the problem for the trail building. They are just to low to run the cats without creating more hazards by clearing off covered rocks. So with that in mind we will be waiting for the next system to come in and hopfully drop some snow.
Staging areas are your choice, until the cats are on the hill as we can not keep up with changing road conditions at this time. Some are unloading in the parking lots while others drive up the road till they feel there is enough snow to cool their sleds. Be aware Goose Creek gets much more sun than Ladybird and can be ok to drive up in the morning but by the afternoon can be very icy. Always a good idea to have chains till conditions get better.
Hope for snow.